Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mindless sewing...

Two nights ago, I was a bit frustrated with life and so I sat down to my sewing machine, emptied the box with random little bits of fabric and did some mindless sewing.
I have not done this for a long long time and needed it so badly. My mood changed instantly as I just pieced and pieced.



It was maybe midnight when I looked at what I had and started thinking to myself, "OK, so what will this be?"

a quilt?

a bag?

The next morning I knew...
Last nigh I sat down and finished quilting..



... and now I have my own and very first, much needed sewing machine cover to replace the ugly white plastic one that came with it...





And it is reversible... I chose one of my favorite vintage fabrics... "Screen printed... Militaire"







I am having a feeling that there would be much more mindless sewing in my near future.

7 comments:

  1. Aren't you smart? What a great idea for all those little bits and pieces left over from a project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you're right--much more fun than ugly white plastic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful! I need to get creative like that and just sew, but I'm afraid my anal tendencies wouldn't let me. Love the reversible fabric
    kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahoj si moja nominanka na super blog.
    http://slovakmama.blogspot.com/2010/02/ocenenie-blogu.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That so great! Therapeutic and practical at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I'm so glad you are sewing again.

    ReplyDelete