Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring to Finish...? I am in...

Once again, Jacquie at Tallgrass Prairie Studio had an excellent idea.
Spring to finish ... all those quilts in progress. We all need to finish them, but are missing sufficient motivation.
I don't know how about you, but I get always excited about the ideas I see somewhere and it usually ends up by abandoning my existing projects and starting something new.



Join Jacquie with me and we can get all or at least some of those WIPs done. Try to finish as many as you can till the end of the month (April 30th), then follow the link above to Tallgrass Prairie Studio and leave Jacquie a comment to let her know how many finishes you have. The more finishes the better, she is putting together the prize.
I counted my unfinished projects. I am including projects I haven't started yet, but that should be done long time ago.
I tried to sort mine by the stage they are in, meaning the closest to finish goes first.
1. Motivation quilt... - piece the backing, - quilt it, - binding
2. Sail Boat quilt... - piece the backing, - quilt it, - create and learn how to
do scalloped edge, - binding
3. Scrappy Log Cabin quilt... - finish the top,- quilt it,- binding
4. Grandma G's table runner... - quilt it and binding (Will post about later...)
5. Aunt Barb's table runner... - from start to finish, was ordered
before Christmas
6. Bug quilt... - finish the top,- quilt it,- binding
7. Alphabet in Slovak quilt... - finish the top,- quilt it,- binding
8. Calendar quilt... - make first 4 months
9. Mother's Day quilt... - from start to finish, I've been dreaming about this quilt for a while

Now, I don't think I can possibly finish all of these by the end of April. I still have to work you know and the most important, semester is close to the end, so it will be tough, but I want to try as much as I can.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, goodness. I'm afraid to even start counting mine. I know what you mean about getting distracted by a new project. Why is it so hard to finish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no quilter, but just this week I declared myself on a craft diet until I shorten my "in progress" list a bit. Perhaps I'll make it a "Craft Diet Until April" thing- I bet having an actual goal to work towards would make it far more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And by "Until April" I meant "Until April Ends". *headdesk*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy - I disappear for a few days and you are busy as heck! Love the table runners and baby blankets - you are doing a fantastic job!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! you have a lot of quilts in progress! And I thought having 4 was a lot. I am with you on loving to start a project and then losing some steam. I really get excited when I get close to finishing though! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait to see all the finished projects. looks like you will be busy! the sailboat quilt is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the same. Thus the start of the bird quilt. Maybe it's time to join this.

    ReplyDelete