Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring Finish #1

I've been waiting and waiting to be able to blog about this one.
Let me tell you, this quilt has been awaiting its finish for almost two years. The sad part is, that not only the quilt, but also its receivers were waiting... way too long. Luckily, they are our very good friends and they were super - extra - unbelievably patient.
Thanks guys!



OK, so on about the quilt.
First, it was a pillow, which was a tease that R & M received for their bridal/groom shower.



Then there was a quilt:


It is made strictly with batiks and solids all in earthy colors.
The quilt was transformed from its original stage to the one you see above after I found this inspiration on Flickr...
OK, here I was going to post the link were my inspiration came from. I can't find it! (It was red and white combo.)Please, if any of you recognize any similarity with quilt you've seen and know how to find the link, let me know. THANKs.


Quilting was done by my friends at Basketcases Unlimited, but inspired by flickr quilt.


The back is simple and binding is made out scraps of batiks and solids.


and later on two more pillows were made.


Hope, you will enjoy this R&M!

I am way behind on reading blogs here. It's beautiful out, so we are going to finish tilling that garden and maybe plant first radishes.
And then? More school stuff.
Enjoy your weekend...

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE that quilt! What an awesome pattern! I wish I had the confidence to just jump in and create a new pattern like that. Just wonderful. I'm sure they'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could they not like it? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you know they are going to love this quilt. It is beautiful in color, design and comfort. Such a snuggly looking beauty that obviously comes straight out of your heart. I am happy for you that it is now complete and those pillows, OMG but they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! What a great gift. And those pillows -- they are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt and the pillows - what a great gift!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pillows. Want to make one similar for the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh - I love love love that quilt! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, your done!!!! love them misha!

    ReplyDelete