Sunday, March 15, 2009

"Row, Row, Row Your Boat"...

I kept telling myself to hold of from posting about this quilt again before it is all done, but...

First, I like the big blue border so much (Thanks Jacquie!), I had to share it with you.
Second, my spring break is over and nights full of reading and writing instead of sewing ahead of me.
Third, I am going to follow Jacquie's suggestion for the scalloped edge as well, but with the amount of school work ahead and the other quilt basted and in need of some quilting, I am not sure how long I would have to wait to post about this one.
So here it is...

I used up all my left over blues from boats. I am going to piece the back together sometimes this week in between work and school. I have some cool ideas running through my head.

P.S.:
Today, I used the basting spray for the first time. It's great! I can't believe I haven't used it till now. I am not too crazy about quilting, basting, and binding process of quilting. I prefer piecing the tops. Well, basting spray just made one of my less favorite work much faster. Kris helped me out with some questions and after her encouragement I was ready to go. Having everybody (including the dog) out of the house helped a lot.

12 comments:

  1. I like this one - very pretty! Glad the basting spray worked out for you!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an adorable quilt. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this sailboat quilt! I've been thinking of doing one for almost 20 years (no kidding!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this fun fun quilt. The movement its nice. Glad you found a time saver with the basting spray. Good luck with school. May you still find time to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a wonderful quilt!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the border is really cute. And I'm a recent convert to basting spray, myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I really like the border, it makes it all stand out! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous! basting spray, you say? i need to learn more about that...i hate getting on my hands and knees to pin baste!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is looking fantastic! I love the boats and the pieced border is just perfect.

    Hmmm... I might be convinced to try basting spray after this. Basting is my least favourite part in the quilting process.

    ReplyDelete