Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Gone thrifting....

I was able to squeeze a short trip to local a thrift store today in between school and rushing home to study for the next day. I am glad I did.
Look what I found...



My cell phone for scale...



I am even happier to see that it matches my previous thrifting tresures...



I don't have much to show today for my quilting, but tomorrow is Wednesday and it seems like that is the day, that I can find time sewing in the evening. I can hardly wait. I was searching for more ideas for baby quilts, vintage sheets quilts and found plenty of inspiration.
If you need some, just zoom over on flickr and type baby quilts, or vintage sheets quilts into the search box. You'll find plenty.
I also have a question for all you experienced free motion machine quilters (meaning ones who do it at home on the regular machine). I finally got a darning foot and have a huge plans to practice free motion quilting. However, I am missing the attachable quilting table on my machine. I found some on ebay for around $65 that is supposed to work for most of the machine (my machine fits into the described dimensions). I am planning on buying it, but wanted to ask if you have any suggestions.
Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. oh misha, it is so pretty! what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds - lukcy you!!! As for the quilting table, I have one, but it is just as easy for me to do free motion quilting without it - I have my machine set up on a 8 foot folding table and find it doesn't drag much at all, as long as I pay attention:) Part of the problem might be that my attachable table isn't level with my machine bed - and my other table is too small. But I know lots of friends who swear by them - I've just become accustomed to not using one. Hope this helps!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off great thrift shop find. It is fabulous!!! Next I just use the table that my machine fits in and I have a large table behind it. I find this helps with drag. Paula Reid has some good tips on her website. battsintheattic.com
    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! And I love how it matches the plate.

    ReplyDelete